Angular Cheilitis is an inflammatory medical condition that causes swollen red marks around the corner, getting two on both sides of the lips is possible as well. It can last for some days or weeks. Angular Cheilitis is caused by factors such as yeast or bacterial infection, wearing of braces, dry chapped lips, or nutrition deficiency. It can be treated by home remedies or through professional consultants using prescribed antifungal creams for angular Cheilitis. Various home remedies can be tried to treat angular Cheilitis which are as follows-
- Dabbing ice- Angular Cheilitis causes pain or itchiness. Using ice or something cold on the infected area can provide relief. It is the most basic remedy that can be tried to get some relief from infection caused by bacteria till the actual treatment to solve it can be used.
- Increasing hydration levels- Dehydration in the body can cause dryness inside the body leading to angular Cheilitis. So to treat it one should drink sufficient water, it is the remedy that actually makes a difference inside the body and helps recover it from outside. Dehydration in the body can be noticed in the form of dry lips, dry skin, fatigue, etc. Drinking eight to ten glasses of water daily can help us fulfill daily water requirements. Water is a necessity for a body, even a small drop in water level in the body can be noticed on the outside.
- Consumption of foods- As angular Cheilitis stems from dryness in the body, so to fight the dry environment inside the body consumption of foods that have cooling properties is considered, is considered good. Cucumber and yogurt are examples of such food that contain properties that are capable of treating inflammatory issues. Directly applying these to the infected area also provides moisture and soothing effects.
- Application of various oils- Oils can be used on the infected areas to treat angular Cheilitis. Tea tree oil can be used on infection as has medicinal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties to infection. It is considered wound healing ointment. Oil is a great source of antioxidants, it prevents the skin from drying out, as dry skin can further increase the infection.
- Petroleum jelly- Petroleum jelly is considered good for rashes and painful mouth cracks. This method does not treat the infection but locks moisture and prevents reoccurrence and maintains stability in the current condition.
- Nutritional supplementation- Angular Cheilitis can be caused due to low-level of vitamins. Foods that can fulfill the requirement of vitamin B in the body are green leafy vegetables such as spinach, curry, broccoli, asparagus, etc. Fruits such as apples, berries, and pears also contain the desired vitamin. Whereas iron is also essential, especially in this case of angular Cheilitis. Iron boosts the immunity system in the body which gets weakened due to the infection. Various sources of iron are eggs, potatoes, peas, pumpkin, grapes, etc.
The points discussed above help treat the infection to some extent or completely. But in some serious cases, the infection is harsh. In that case, one can get angular Cheilitis treatment antifungal cream as prescribed by the specialist.
Also, Read More About- Ecosprin 75 Uses