Medical sensors are essential components of medical devices that help in the diagnosis and treatment of multiple chronic diseases. Earlier doctors were not able to access some areas of the human body. Thanks to the medical sensors that help in the detection of several physical variables and provide treatment to the dysfunctions of human bodies. The major advantages that the medical sensors have brought are-
- Accessing the difficult regions of the human body very easily and detecting the chemical, biological, and physical procedures in those regions.
- Eliminating cancers in cryo cancer treatment with the help of freezing and heating methods.
- Decreasing the dysfunctions of body parts and minimizing the consumption of energy by the implants.
- Assisting doctors in implementing log-life implants.
As the call for medical sensors is rising, manufacturers are also facing challenges to find suitable technologies for the coil manufacturing process. This is because micro-coils are the most critical components of medical sensors. Conversely, the production of micro-coil requires very tiny ultra-fine wires. The coil manufacturers should have effective and advanced technologies and sufficient knowledge to produce both ultra-fine wires and micro-coils. The accurate and custom-made equipment can effectively conduct the manufacturing process; however, the manufacturers should design and build this equipment in-house.
Applications of Medical Sensors:
There are plentiful applications for medical sensors, such as-
- Therapeutic Applications: To produce the devices of therapeutic treatments including electrophysiology treatments (e.g., cardiac and neural) and electricity-based ablations (e.g., microwave and RF), medical sensors have a huge role.
- Diagnostics: In diagnostics, sensors are substantially useful to conduct wireless communications.
- Active Implants: For the production of active implants including pacemakers, pain management devices, and the devices to monitor and control deep brain stimulation, sensors are essential.
- Orthopedic and Dental Treatment: Medical sensors are also competent for orthopedic and dental treatments by using electromagnetic pulse.
- Navigation and Orientation: There are also numerous applications for navigation and orientation sensors, such as highly accurate ablations, targeted drug delivery, implanted markers, endoscopic manipulation, stent positioning, and targeted radiation catheters.
- Temperature Measurement: For the measurement of temperature by using miniature thermocouples, sensors are necessary.
How to Make Miniature Coils for Medical Sensors?
Due to the tiny size of the medical sensors, micro-coils also have to be very small in size so that the coils precisely fit into the sensors. For this reason, manufacturers use ultra-fine wires with a diameter of about 9 microns or 59 AWG or 0.00035 inches. The wire can be of copper or other efficient conductive material. Ultra-fine wires are also responsible for providing connectivity to the medical sensors. To produce the micro-coils, manufacturers go through the coil winding process where they spiral the ultra-fine wires around a core or pin.
As far as it is building a connection between two ultra-fine wires for preparing micro-coils, most manufacturers employ thermal compression bonding technology. The heat-based soldering methods are not competent for connecting ultra-fine wires. Whereas the thermal compression bonding technology can give you the most reliable and durable joints. Above all, to build micro-coils for medical sensors, manufacturers should use specialized equipment.
If you want to know more about medical sensors please visit https://benatav.com/what-are-medical-sensors/