No one pictures a wedding going wrong. In fact, why would anyone even want to? A perfect wedding, where all the details are attended to, and everyone has a good time is what you picture in your mind’s eye. But do not go thinking it is easy, there are many things that can derail this perfect day of yours. Here are some common mistakes to avoid when planning a wedding.
Hiring The Wrong Photographer
It is very important to hire a photographer because your wedding day photos will be with you for the rest of your lives together. The photographer will make sure that they document everything from how you were dressed, down to what shoes you wore. But how does one find the right person for the job?
A good way to go about it is to ask your friends and family if they know someone, or if anyone has had any recommendations. You can also go online and google “Best Wedding Photographers In Portland“, ” Best Wedding Photographers In New York” etc, depending on your location. And yet another thing you can do is go to different photography studios. Have a look at their portfolios, ask yourself what style of photos you prefer before making up your mind.
On the day of your wedding, make sure you give clear instructions to the photographer about what shots you would like (candid or formal) and where you would like them taken.
Hiring The Wrong Wedding Planner
Hiring a wedding planner is definitely one of the best things to do when planning your big day. A responsible and experienced wedding planner will be able to handle all your arrangements, from what catering services you should hire, down to which florist has the best bouquets. They give an outsider’s point of view on things and can point out, and make recommendations on where you could fine-tune your plans. Conversely, the wrong wedding planner can ruin everything. Here are some common mistakes to avoid when hiring a wedding planner/coordinator:
- Not getting a written contract – Make sure you get a written contract with all the terms and conditions clearly stated. Be sure to read this contract very carefully before signing it. This will protect you from any future issues that might arise.
- Unorganized – The wedding planner should know exactly what they are doing and how it is going to be done. If you feel that the wedding planner does not have a clear idea of what needs to be done, then chances are they will end up messing everything up.
- Not returning your calls/emails – If the wedding planner is constantly avoiding your emails, this could be a sign that they are incompetent. They should return your calls or respond to your email in a timely manner.
- Not showing up for meetings- A responsible wedding planner will have no problem meeting with you on multiple occasions to discuss things further. Do not settle for someone who does not take your time seriously.
Sure, you may want to save some money on your wedding, but this does not mean that you should skimp out on everything. Try to cut back where you can, but try not to compromise your standards at the same time. Here are some common mistakes to avoid when under budgeting:
- The dress – You may be able to find the perfect dress on sale at some point, but this may not happen. Make sure you have enough money for alterations and accessories.
- Catering – If you are serving a sit-down dinner, it is best to have an accurate estimate of how many guests will be attending. Even if your guest list is not very high, there may be children at the wedding who will eat.
- Bar tab – And lastly, do not underestimate how much the bar tab will cost. You might not drink much, but your guests will wholesale table covers .
Not Assigning Delegate Duties To Your Wedding Party
Having a wedding party is fantastic. You get to have all your closest friends and family with you on your day, making sure that everything goes smoothly. Thus, when it comes to real wedding duties, you should definitely delegate some to the favorite people in your life. A common mistake to avoid when it comes to delegating duties is setting unattainable goals. Setting unattainable goals will only lead to disappointment at the end of it all. So make sure their duties are achievable so they do not get overwhelmed or quit when they realize that what you asked them to do is too much for them.
Also, another mistake is not providing enough information. If your attendants were not present when you drew up the plans, then you need to give them a detailed description of what is expected of them.
In conclusion, when planning your wedding, you need to be aware of the mistakes that may hinder the success of your plans. Hiring the wrong photographer, or wedding planner, under budgeting, and not delegating are some of the top mistakes to avoid.