Yoga is known to help anyone with any physical or mental health challenge. According to Ayurveda all the health issues occur due to the imbalance between the three elements or doshas, i.e Vatta, Pitta, and Kapha. If these elements are balanced then you are perfectly healthy. The access or imbalance of either of them can cause many health issues.
Gastric issues result from impaired digestion. As per Ayurveda it is because of the imbalance in your body’s vatta dosha, which is also known as air element. This dosha controls all the digestive organs. By calming your vatta can help you get rid of gastric problems and other conditions in this category. This is where vatta balancing diet and yoga comes in to rescue. Also, if you are someone who takes vegan protein powder, make sure to invest in the one with vatta calming ingredients.
By performing yoga that focuses on correcting these three elements or doshas can cure your gastric problems. The asanas involve a series of postures designed to encourage a healthy flow of digestive juices and mucus through the gastrointestinal system. These movements also help to stimulate the immune system and ward off any illnesses such as irritable bowel syndrome and even serious stomach problems such as ulcerative colitis.
Yoga Asanas To Cure Gastric Issues
- Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
The simple asana can be performed after having lunch or dinner. It is also called the diamond pose which is a perfect way to practice breathing exercise and meditation. This asana is perfect for hyperacidity.
- Helps calm the mind
- Improve blood circulation and digestion process
- It is a perfect cure for acidity and constipation
- Also cures urinary problems and stomach disorders
- Also helps reduce opacity and ease the pain for arthritis patients
How To Perform
- Sit down on the floor or yoga mat, bend the knees and sit on the buttocks.
- Make sure the spine is straight and close your eyes.
- Keep the right palm on the right knee and the left palm on the left knee.
- While doing this pose make sure to slowly inhale and then exhale.
- Stay in the pose for at least 5 minutes and then take a rest. You can increase your time to 15 minutes also.
- Balasana (Child’s Pose)
This pose is easy to perform. It is like a resting posture that also provides a nice stretch to your back. This poster is incredibly restorative and rejuvenating to both your mind and body and can also be used to strengthen certain areas of the body.
- Helps in relieving anxiety, fatigue, and stress
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps in digestion
- Strengthen your knees, ankles, shoulders, and front thighs
- Massages internal organs
- Opens up the hips
How To Perform
- First sit down in vajrasana and adjust your knees like hip width apart.
- Walk your hands in front of you on the floor as you bend at the hips.
- Let your torso rest on the thighs.
- Stretch and lengthen the neck and rest the forehead on the floor.
- Keep your arms extended and hold on to this pose for a few seconds with normal breathing.
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
Trikonasana is a standing pose that strengthens and lengthens the hamstrings and groin while stretching the hips and opening the shoulders. Like many yoga poses it also provides benefits to your body and mind.
- Helps in increasing stability and balance
- Lengthens and stretches your spine
- Opens the shoulders and hips
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Reduce anxiety and stress
How To Perform
- Stand straight and keep the legs wide apart and hands at your side.
- Turn the right foot to the right and bend the body to the right side.
- Make sure to touch your right hand to the right foot.
- Keep the left arm extended towards the ceiling.
- Then slowly come back to the initial position and perform the same on the other side.
- Pawanmuktasana( Wind-Relieving Pose)
This pose is beneficial to improve gas issues and poor digestion. It is considered one of the best asanas for acidity.
- Beneficial for acid indigestion and curing constipation
- Really good for the abdominal organs
- Helpful for people with acidity arthritis pain gas problems heart problems and waist pain
- Strengthen back muscles and cure back pain
- It is also beneficial for menstruation disorder and reproductive organs
How To Perform
- Lie flat on your back and relax and keep the legs straight while breathing deeply and rhythmically.
- While inhaling slowly, lift the legs and bend them. Now bring the legs towards the chest till your thigh comes in contact with the stomach.
- Now hug your knees slowly and lock your hands.
- Try to touch your knees with the tip of your nose. Try to remain in this position for a few seconds or half a minute.
- Now come back to the initial position while exhaling slowly.
- Halasana (Plough Pose)
This asana allows you to delve deeper into the mind and attain peace. This is quite challenging but practicing it again and again will help you to master it. But to master this you have to first master your breathing techniques and achieve that good flexibility.
- Strengthens muscles of the back, neck, hamstrings etc
- Improves flexibility and helps in weight loss
- Cures constipation and improves digestion
- It also benefits internal organs like pancreas pituitary thyroid and many others
- Helpful in curing menopause symptoms
- It is also beneficial for diabetic people
How To Perform
- Lie on the back, relax your body and keep your lower legs joined together.
- Now place the palm flat on the yoga mat and breathe normally.
- While exhaling, press your palm and raise both the legs. Then slowly try to lower them behind your head.
- Stay in this posture for a few minutes and keep breathing slowly.
- Now return to the initial pose
Yoga is one of the safest and effective ways to treat health issues. You can achieve so many benefits if you do it properly. In case of any health issues, first consult a registered medical practitioner to understand the right yoga asanas for you.