Did you know that half of all American homeowners planned to remodel their houses in 2021?
If you were one of those people and you didn’t manage to get it done, don’t worry! There’s a new year and that means another twelve months to plan and implement your house plans.
To get yours going, it’s best to start with a small space that won’t be too overwhelming, like your bathroom. But how much will that take out of your budget?
Find out with this quick look at the cost to renovate a bathroom this year.
Cost to Renovate a Bathroom Per Square Foot
The average cost of a remodel of a bathroom per square foot is around $70 for basic work. However, it’s smart to take that as a real estimate and not a reality, as every bathroom is completely different. How much you spend on your bathroom renovation depends on a variety of factors that can cause the cost to fluctuate wildly.
If you’re doing more work, for example, or choosing materials that are most costly, you could be looking at anywhere around $250 upwards. Luckily, you are somewhat in charge of how much you spend, which is great news if you’re on a budget!
Factors That Affect Bathroom Remodel Cost
Designing a bathroom is a multi-faceted job. There are lots of different elements and a lot of factors that will affect the cost. Here are just some factors to consider:
- The location you live in and associated cost of living
- The size of your bathroom
- Cost of materials you choose
- Plumbing and electrical requirements
- Work involved to achieve the look you want
- Additional custom reads
Before you begin, determine your budget and take a look at how each of these may affect it. If you’re struggling, work with remodeling companies or a general contractor to create goals and a realistic budget.
How to Save Money on a Bathroom Remodel
If you don’t have a massive budget to put towards your bathroom, there are plenty of ways you can keep the cost down while still creating a lovely space that’s full of character. Here are some quick tips:
- Get the regrouting done from the experts like shower regrouting perth to solve the problem of mould in the shower tiles instead of replacing the tiles completely.shower regrouting perth
- Shop for bathroom accessories and features at secondhand shops
- Don’t change the bathrooms existing layout
- Sell the materials you’re taking out to fund the remodel
- Have only a few items you’re happy to splurge on and go basic on the rest
It’s also smart to always leave some extra money in your budget for those emergency expenses. If you ever need it, you’ll be thrilled you have it.
Let’s Get Started
The cost to renovate a bathroom will vary from project to project. Be smart by setting a budget and work with a great contractor who can keep your remodel on track.
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to check out more on our website! We write across a range of topics, including home, business, and entertainment.