It is not only the ancient people of India who have celebrated the haldi spice or haldi milk benefits. In fact, Ayurvedic medicine has also come to know about the curcuminoids that are extracted from the seeds of the red radish (also known as Indian gooseberry). Ayurvedic medicine postulates that there are many benefits of consuming turmeric. For one, it acts as a powerful antioxidant that scavenges free radicals from damaging the body’s cells and DNA.
- These free radicals, in their present form, have been linked to cancer formation, atherosclerosis, and diabetes. A recent study in the journal Public Health has reported that curcumin from Indian gooseberry can reduce cholesterol levels by as much as 27%. They further added that the haldi milk benefits of turmeric could be attributed to its ability to protect LDL cholesterol from oxidation (it neutralizes oxygen), which helps reduce cholesterol absorption. Furthermore, it may be responsible for inhibiting the conversion of HDL cholesterol into its more harmful LDL-unconventional cholesterol.
- The haldi milk benefits also extend to improving the skin complexion as well as diminishing dark spots. One study conducted on mice found that curcumin from the turmeric milk reduced melanin, which is the main cause of skin discoloration. The discoloration was caused by the melanocyte function which is adversely affected when the enzyme tyrosinase is activated. The turmeric milk is believed to act directly on tyrosinase, preventing it from activating. When the activation is halted, there will be less production of melanin.
- Ayurvedic medicine advocates the consumption of haldi, which is available at health stores in powder form. Mice who were fed with a diet rich in milk containing curcumin developed no signs of disease, whereas the controls were stricken with cancer. The researchers believe that the curcumin protects the body from carcinogenic agents such as carcinogens. They also believe that by drinking milk, you are protecting yourself from the damaging effects of carcinogens such as cigarette smoke and ultraviolet radiation.
- Consumption of haldi milk may also improve the digestion process as well as the immunity of the body. It helps in smooth digestion of food and removes toxins. A smooth digestion ensures that the nutrients are transported faster to the muscle tissues. Haldi milk also helps in better absorption of proteins and helps in building strong bones and teeth. Overall, drinking haldi milk is an excellent way to improve your digestion process and your immunity system.
- Apart from treating different diseases, curcumin from milk can also cure common conditions like headaches, nausea, diarrhea and allergies as well as other respiratory problems. You don’t have to worry about the side effects of this miraculous drink as the amount you add little of will be very negligible. If you add a little amount of haldi in your milk, you can easily get amazing health benefits of turmeric milk.
Hope this article helps you to take the right step to boost your immunity in a more safe and effective way. If you are looking to buy Organic India products, Isopure protein, Nouriza peanut butter, MyProtein weight gainer or any other supplement visit HealthKart or any other trusted and certified online store for a hassle free and economic shopping experience. Overall, make sure you invest in the best and effective health foods and supplements for great results.